Monday, March 30, 2009
Portland Stage Company
The Portland Stage Company presents "Trying" Showing March 31 - April 19. A witty and poignant account about growing old, inspired by the playwright's personal experience as the secretary of Judge Francis Biddle, Attorney General. Biddle has little patience for his young secretary, and they have many battles regarding everything from their differing belief systems to grammar. Eventually their struggle gives way to respect and eventually friendship.
Performance Schedule - Previews: Tues., Wed., Thurs., March 31–April 2, all performances at 7:30 pm
- Opening Night: Friday, April 3 @ 7:30 pm
- Special Performances
- Tuesday Evening: Tuesday, April 14 @ 7:30 pm
- Thespian Thursday Matinee: Thursday, April 16 @ 2:00 pm
- Regular Performances
- Wednesday-Friday at 7:30 pm
- Saturdays at 4:00 pm & 8:00 pm
- Sundays at 2:00 pm
- Final performance: Sunday, April 19 @ 2:00 pm
- ASL performance: Sat., April 11 @ 8:00 pm
Note: Special ticket prices for groups are available. Please call for information.
Adults: $26 • Seniors: $23 • Students: $13
Weekday Performances - Tues., Wed., Thurs. & Fri.: Adults: $32 • Seniors: $29 • Students: $16
- Saturdays & Sundays: Adults: $36 • Seniors: $33 • Students: $18
Still showing at the Portland Stage Company through April 11th is "The Passion of the Hausfrau" the adventures of a Portland mom and would-be writer who discovers her own creative power by embarking on a hilarious and heartfelt journey of mythic proportions. Adapted from Portland's own Hausfrau muthah-zine, a self-published quarterly that chronicles the passion that is parenting, written and cartooned by Nicole Chaison.
Thurs. & Fri. @ 8:00 pm
Saturday @ 3:00 pm & 8:00 pm
Sunday @ 3:00 pm